Sunday, January 20, 2013

Communication Snags--Part 2


I have been unconsciously recreating the end result of a very old belief in my life in a particular area--that being my not being heard when I am requesting something and as an end result, not being able to receive that which I am requesting.  As a result of my history about this, I have a lifelong habit of doing my best to not need anything from another.  But I have found this is not really possible or even a reasonable expectation!


This recurring themed scenario keeps showing up in my life on an almost daily basis for last seven solid weeks.

It all has to do with communication.  

I believe this all means something.  My intuitive gut tells me that it means something huge.  This is a gigantic piece of spiritual work on deck--and for way more than just me, personally, at this time.  I know this because my work about this is triggering many folks in my family, too.

Everything all falls together and fits perfectly, like a hand in a glove.  My work mirrors for others their work.  Others work mirrors for me my work.

I feel that I am supposed to stay open and keep supporting others in this experience, encouraging us all and openly embracing and modeling the trusting of others, and the belief that we will keep showing up and going at it and through it together again and again until we each can break through the barriers and the miscommunication to hear the truth of what is being said or asked--without filters, without inaccurate translations.  And eventually, for all to be capable of receiving that which they are needing or wanting or requesting, if it is possible.

I know in my head that a lot of what is happening and much of what is being conveyed to me in these human interactions is not really about me--at least not the me of the present moment.  But it surely does feel very personal.  I keep doing my own healing work about these things, otherwise I would never be able to show back up with others with an open, willing, trusting and loving heart.  Being able to do these things is very important to getting through this. 

 
I love all of my family so very much!  They are all so very important to me!  I very much want to find the way through this so that successful communication can happen and that it happens as the normal outcome of all our communicating!

I have made some major headway in some pieces of this.  Frustrating though, is the reality that this stuff keeps repeating.  I feel like I am being tested again and again, to see if I really do get it and that I really have mastered the ability to keep coming back to a peaceful, loving and accepting place with myself and especially with others, no matter how difficult things have been to journey through together.

Without a doubt, the most effective communication skills that I have been able to muster in these communication challenges of late is a willing heart, a strong ability to keep showing up and trying again and most especially--continually returning to a place of deep compassion for myself and for those with whom I am attempting to communicate.  I wish I could always stay in that place of deep compassion.  For now, it is all I can do to keep returning to it and to be willing to try again, to try again with them all another day.

There are no bad guys in any of this, even though it could certainly be interpreted that way if one only looks at the surface of these kinds of interactions! 

I have gained a deep trust because of past experiences.  I know that there is something wonderful that exists somewhere in this experience!  

Somewhere in this experience there is a magnificent opportunity for a piece of growth, for gaining empowerment, for feeling great joy, and ultimately, for learning to be a more loving and compassionate human being!


Love, Hugs & Blessings,
Barbara 


Thank you Google Images for the Commercial Reuse of your Images!
 Copyright 2013.  Transformation of a Mystic.  Barbara F. Manning

2 comments:

  1. I love how you think. It fits in well with my own thoughts on healing and growing. Don't forget that sometimes, we are the mirror for others just as they are mirrors for us. It is a 2-way street. Someone else may be watching and learning from how you heal each of these times that these issues keep coming back. Sometimes watching others grow because of our growth and actions is the blessing that we see from looking at the bigger picture of life.

    Sometimes the lessons aren't for us. They are for others who are watching how we struggle and get through our issues. We are often the best teachers through being a role model of how to do or not do certain things. Our failures as well as our successes can help us and others to grow.

    I know that I have grown and learned about myself today by reading Part 1 and Part 2 of this article. I thank you again for writing these two posts.

    Many of us have learned to not ask for help from others because the disappointment of being rejected or told no is just too painful. This was especially true in our childhoods of abuse. It is always safer to just do it ourselves or to try to fix it ourselves. I had to learn that some people are trustworthy and do what they say they will. It is risky to trust, to take a chance on someone else being there for us but learning to trust is worth the risk. First, we have to learn to trust ourselves. Then we can slowly start to trust others.

    Just look at all of the wonderful thoughts that you brought out of me by writing these two posts on communication. We grow together. We really aren't alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia, YES, I agree, we have to learn to trust ourselves, first and foremost! I am glad that I also trust in this process, even though it is downright painful to walk through it at times. I am very certain that healing is the place where we all end up--eventually--no matter what. There is no other place to end up. Eventually all the players will get it and compassion and loving will prevail. It just may not happen in the physical...(though I hope and pray that it does.) But I am certain it will happen.

    Hugs & Blessings and Gratitude for your support and for your willingness to share in this journey and allow me and others to see you openly! Sharing our journeys openly on the Spiritual Path truly is healing for us and for others, too!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete