Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Gratitude Is The Answer!!



I have always felt like I am the luckiest person that I know!  

Some say there is no such thing as luck.  Maybe that is true.  Whatever this is, I was born with it.  I was born with a great ability to bring into my life the most miraculous and amazing things--Great Abundance, Dear Family, Magnificent Friends, endless bounds of connection to people that I love and feel very close to, unbelievable opportunity and the ability to transform negativity into positivityIt and they all show up in my life, and in huge amounts!  

How wonderful is that??? 

I was also born with the ability to bring into my life defeat, unbearable pain, difficulty, judgment, fear, rejection and abandonment.

I can be blessed.  Or I can be damned.  It is my choice--simply by where I put my intention, my energy and my beliefs! 

What do I want?


I am so very blessed!  

Maybe it is not luck.  

Maybe it is Blessing!

I was reading Oprah Magazine's November 2012 issue recently.  In it Oprah talks about having fallen down on her commitment to Gratitude Journaling every day--the commitment to listing in a journal, at least five things every day for which she is grateful.  

I have never done a Gratitude Journal, but this resonates with me very much!  I find myself feeling great gratitude for so many things in my life on a regular basis!  I am amazed at how Spirit, God, works in my life!  I find that the more grateful I am about what I have, the more that comes to me, and it grows, simply because I pay attention to it!  I look for the the gift in everything that comes and everything that happens to me--even, maybe even especially--in those things that I have to look into very deeply to find!  

The gift is ALWAYS THERE!

I always find that I am so very blessed and in so very many ways!

I decided I will also make the commitment to Gratitude Journaling!  This feels like an investment in becoming even more concretely conscious of just how very much God works in such positive and wonderful ways in my life--and as far as I can tell, God never works in any other way in mine or anyone else's life--if I/We look deeply enough!

I ran across an image that speaks my feelings about this subject exactly:





I am SO HAPPY!  Thank you, God, for the gift of all the Abundance in my life!  Thank you for all the Happiness I feel on a regular basis!  I love it all and I am GRATEFUL for it all! 

Do I still have bouts of body pain?  Yes.

Do I still struggle with depression, anxiety or fear on occasion?  Yes.

Do I have it all figured out and am I perfect with gratitude all the time?  No. 

But I am getting better and better at allowing the difficulties without getting lost in them.  I am getting better and better at looking deeply to find the gifts in all things that come to me!  This is MASSIVE GROWTH in me!

And it all makes me So Very Happy! 


And now I ask you:


  
Love & Hugs & Blessings,
Barbara


Thank you to the contributors of the images I used in this blog entry!
 
Copyright 2012. Transformation of a Mystic. Barbara F. Manning

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful that I was introduced to Gratitude Journals quite a few years ago. Writing down 5 things that I was grateful for every day made me aware of the good in my life. It switched my focus from what was bad or wrong in my life to what was good and positive in my life. That may sound like a small thing but it wasn't.

    Because of the incest during my childhood I learned to expect bad things to happen. Focusing on gratitude gave me a different place to live fully. I even started to wonder what good I could bring out of the incest. That was the beginning of change in my attitude. Having an attitude of gratitude gave me a different way to look at my life.

    1. I am grateful for the many wonderful, caring friends that I have today who support me in my healing journey.
    2. I am grateful for the support that my husband has given me on this healing journey.
    3. I am grateful that I have been able to create a safe place to heal.
    4. I am grateful that I have met so many strong survivors since I became an advocate for survivors online.
    5. I am grateful that Barbara reminded me of my ability to be grateful for everything in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia,

    I am grateful for the Light you so skillfully and consistently shine on the Path to wholeness for me and for us all!

    Thank you for your courage and your great dedication!

    Love & Hugs to you, my friend!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete