Friday, January 1, 2010

Empowerment 2010!

~
New Year’s Resolutions are barbaric! There is something about them that seems pretty desperate, even fear-based. There are feelings in me of resistance and defiance about even attempting to make them. Perhaps this is due to my repeatedly failing to follow through with them? They usually leave me feeling inadequate and somehow seriously flawed! And so I have not made them for many years…that is, until this year! This year I feel empowered beyond imagination!

I’ve been hanging out with the most positive of people! I’ve been surrounding myself with the most empowered of folks! With great gratitude, I have found these things to be contagious! I’ve caught them! I feel empowered to create for me my fondest and most cherished dreams! I have already seen so many miraculous things manifest in my life simply by stepping into my power!

Someone recommended to me that I write down my Resolutions, (which I decided to call “Intentions” rather than Resolutions), then fold them up, place them in a glass jar, fill the jar with water, screw on the lid and place it in the freezer! This person told me that this will keep my intentions from dissipating into the Universe, giving them more power to manifest. This seems like a silly and bizarre little obsessive-compulsive ritual, but I decided to indulge myself in it just the same!

Preparing for this allowed me to focus and make clear for myself exactly what I want. For months now, Spirit has been bringing to me so many wonderful things—things I never consciously asked for. What could happen if I allow myself to become conscious about what I really want?

I kept a running list of my intentions for several days, allowing my Spirit to bring to my consciousness whatever I would like more of in my life. I decided to allow only the most positive and empowering of beliefs to make my list! I used only the most positive and empowering words. This felt very important to me! I wrote each item in the form of an affirmation, as though each one already exists, exactly as I wrote it. Affirmations are encouraging! They are expanding, growing, positive and empowering!

I am the only one that limits me. I see that the Universe gives me exactly what I believe that it will. I have seen it over and over throughout my life. I get what I expect. It is as simple as this!

The Universe has been bringing me the most incredible of gifts for many months already! This is because I believe that healthy, happy, holy and healing circumstances are in my life. Only more will follow!

We are the most powerful beings on the planet! We can use our power to bring the positive into our lives, or we can use it to bring doom, gloom, and lack. We get a choice.

What do you choose?

Happy New Year!

Barbara
~

No comments:

Post a Comment