Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall

Relationships are mirrors for us. They accurately reflect for us, some part of ourselves. They reflect God within us. They reflect things about ourselves that we do not like, things that need healing work in us.

No matter what is happening in our life, in any given moment, what we are seeing and experiencing is never about another person. It is always about us. This is true, even if someone is in our face, taking advantage of us, being negative, chaotic, judgmental or brutish.

It is always easy for me to intuitively sense when someone is being judgmental towards me. It is rarely easy for me to be clear about when I am being judgmental towards myself.

I sometimes find myself blaming the reflections in my life for what I, myself, am doing to me. Very often though, the feelings that I perceive are really going on from both sides—mine and the other person(s).

It seems that those that we love the most are often the least able to be helpful and supportive to us when we are going through reevaluations and changes in how we choose to live our lives. Often they are invested in keeping us and our relationship systems exactly as they have always been.

Keeping the status quo in our lives is usually not healthy, holy and healing for most of us. It is only when we risk moving forward in our lives, daring to be in our Truth and risking doing the things that make us happy and filled with passion that our lives can be transformed into amazing, joyful and magically fulfilling experiences!

In the last few weeks I have stepped concretely into an important calling in my life. As I have dared to risk doing this, I am being given gifts beyond my wildest imagination! I am very blessed and humbled by all that is happening in my life!

Regardless of any judgments I am feeling from others, regardless of any judgments and fears I may bestow upon myself, I must continue working from my Inner Direction. I must continue to trust my Higher Guidance that what I am being lead to do is in my highest good and the highest good of others. And I certainly do believe these things!

I have taken many very big risks in my life lately. This is opening opportunities and experiences that I have never even dreamed about previously. I am stunned as I witness situations miraculously just falling into place, circumstances being manifested out of thin air and literally being laid in my lap, with little intervention on my part! People are coming in droves into my life, asking to work with me! All I have done is to take the risks to walk in my passion and speak my Truth openly in the world.

This is taking huge “Leaps of Faith!” And I can tell you that the reflections of these mirrors are the most wondrous that I have ever witnessed in my life! I am so very appreciative for the opportunities, for the gifts, and for the lessons!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
Barbara

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Barbara!

    I have learned to challenge myself with the question "What does that say about me?" When I respond to someone else in a critical or judgmental way, I "know" (at least intellectually) that I am responding to something within myself or about myself... that whatever it "is" that "bothers" me about another person may be a clue to something that I may need to examine on a personal level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. This is a great article and so very true. Taking the time to see God in all is so important. Congratulations on the abundance that is coming your way. Stay open to it and the lessons that comes with life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Patricia! I appreciate your support!!

    ReplyDelete