Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Oh! The Aching!


Fibromyalgia makes no sense whatsoever.  Because it seems so difficult to understand, it is easy to think I must be daft or some kind of hypochondriac.  

But when I look deeply enough, I always find the seeds of the latest siege.

My calendar has been busy.  I did my best to balance it and take down time in between things.  I did well with that, in fact! 

Sometimes no amount of personal care-taking and self-responsibility does a darn thing to prevent a flare up.

It would be easy to get into self blame and loathing.  But that serves no purpose, helping nothing whatsoever about this!

So I decide to be kind and forgiving to me.  I do my best not to resist the pain.  I look forward to the lifting of the aching, (and it is better than it was.)  But I accept that it is here.  I rest when I need to rest.  I let all things be alright, just as they are.
  
Was it the nearly three week trip to Ireland that caused it?  Was it the many family birthday parties, the dinners and extended time with grandchildren?  Was it the seminars, my classes or working with clients?  Was it the repeated trips to the accountant to work through my father's estate?   Was it the deaths of two very dear friends, very unexpectedly?  Was it the house guests?

Who knows?  It matters, not.  I am here.  And aching is a reality at this time. 
  
I've been well for months--truly for well over a year.  Does this mean I have been painless for all this time?  Heck, no!  It means that pain has been bearable and manageable, doable.  

I decided years ago that I am not going to let Fibromyalgia and chronic pain ruin or rule my life.  I get a choice about the first part, but the ruling--well, it definitely is there lurking in the background, and sometimes right, square between my eyes on a daily basis.

What goes on between my ears makes more difference than any drug, treatment, or fad has ever done in the management of chronic pain in my life.

Thank God I have learned to be an optimist.

I have had to learn to cherish myself.  I have had to become my own best friend  This is an ever growing experience.

I am glad for a new year and even more growth, joy and empowerment!

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Barbara




© Copyright 2009-2015, Transformation Of A Mystic | Barbara F. Manning. 
All Rights Reserved
 
Thank you Google Images and Millie Mestril, for the Commercial Reuse of your Image/Quote!


No comments:

Post a Comment